Yes.

The DispatchAction will only invoke the method defined in the request under the name
defined in the parameter attribute of your
action mapping. So if I had update() and restore() as methods in a DispatchAction, and
I only wanted to validate on the update, then
I would only define validate="true" in the action mappping for the DispatchAction
which is designated to invoke update(). This is
assuming you have two separate action mappings which map to the same DispatchAction.

robert