I had the similar problem, and Wendy's approach worked for me.

-- Nitin
Ivis Technologies

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 8:43 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: DynaActionForm IllegalArgumentException

> From: Anirudh Jayanth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Nope.....created a whole new app. Tried just about anything.
> Its giving the same exception and for the same property aswell.
> It sure seems weird.. Cant help wondering if I am doing something
> fundamentally wrong
> though.... Any suggestions?

Consult the JavaBeans specification for naming rules.  I think the
single lowercase letter in front is something to avoid.  Here's what I
see happening:

mNum -> getMNum() -> MNum

Try changing it to maxNum (or whatever makes sense, just get at least
two lowercase letters at the beginning) and I bet the problem will go
away.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.