I want the .do, but this is not a struts only taglib, it's just that
struts is the first thing it's been tested against in which the
browser url does not match the request's url. So being struts dependent is
pretty undesirable.

I'm going to try the spec way, then the filter, then if that fails, do
some reflective bits with your approach :)

Thanks,

Hen