Thanks. changed indexed get/sets to getThing/setThing. works now.. but i'm sure i've done it with overloading before? not going to argue tho ;)

Hubert Rabago wrote:

There was some discussion a few days back about a case similar to yours,
where the accessor methods are overloaded.  IIRC, that's what's causing the
problem.  I haven't seen this problem myself, just repeating what's been said
here on the list.  Check the archives and/or rename your accessors.

--- Paul Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hi. i am trying use work with an indexed property in struts 1.1.
i have set up my form bean as follows:
----code----
public class WelcomeForm extends ActionForm
{
        List things = new ArrayList();

        public List getThings()
        {
                return things;
        }

        public void setThings(List things)
        {
                this.things = things;
        }

        public SampleBean getThings(int i)
        {
                return (SampleBean) things.get(i);
        }

        public void setThings(int i, SampleBean thing)
        {
                while (things.size() >= i)
                        things.add(new SampleBean());
                things.set(i, thing);
        }
}
----/code----

my form is populated and on the request when it gets to my jsp, which has the following lines somewhere in the body

<logic:iterate name="/WelcomeForm" property="things" id="thing" indexId="beanIndex"><%
String colProp = "things[" + beanIndex.intValue() + "].color";
String foodProp = "things[" + beanIndex.intValue() + "].food";
String numProp = "things[" + beanIndex.intValue() + "].number";%>
</logic:iterate>

this looks fine to me and i'm sure i've done it before.. anyway, when run i get: "javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property things of bean /WelcomeForm"

from breakpointing etc i have identified the problem: an IndexedPropertyDescriptor is created for the 'things' property, however the 'readMethod' and 'writeMethod' fields are null. i would expect the IndexedPropertyDescriptor to find my indexed methods and my non-indexed methods.. why is this happening?

thanks.