From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 1:24 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Validation help for same Form, multiple pages/tabs

I'm using the same [dynamic] ActionForm on all my pages.  Which was just
*fine* until I wanted to use validation. :(

I need separate validation per "tab" which is essentially a <forward>
tag in struts-config.

I have a Struts-Menu "tab" that has fields for fund, function and cost
center, which are elements of an account, and I string the bits together
later.

Another tab has radio buttons where they pick an account.

On the first, I need all three fields to be required.  But if I do that
in validation.xml, then the second page complains that the three fields
are required.

I understand what's happening, I just don't know the best way to fix it.
I'm using 1.2.0, if there's something new that might be of use.

I found this, advocating DynaValidatorActionForm
But it seems to be controlled by the path, which is going to be the same
in both cases.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.