I'll ask the dumb question
What is Strike-thru formatting?
~Martin~
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Germuska" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: Struts starter

> At 9:14 PM +0000 3/7/04, Frank Burns wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I'm in the middle of working with my first application using Struts
> >and desperately need some help.
> >I've read nearly all of Ted Husted's "Struts In Action" book and
> >browsed the mailing list archives but have not found a solution for
> >what I want to do.
> >I mention this to let you know that I have already tried hard,
> >unsuccessfully, to find an answer to what seems to me to be a basic
> >requirement.
> >However, I may be struggling with my own misunderstanding!
>
> Frank:
>
> Don't blame yourself: you've stumbled onto one of my personal top
> priorities to improve in Struts: prefilling forms with non-request
> data.
>
> While I was writing this, John McGrath described a general strategy
> which works *if* you don't already need to use the single
> "ActionForm" that is passed to Action.execute for processing *input*
> data.   However, in most cases, you have a chain of events where you
> have different "input" and "output" forms.  We've developed a few
> strategies for ealing with this where I work, but they're all the
> sort of thing which may not be ready for "prime time" -- that is,
> officially adding to the Struts core.
>
> Right now, Struts doesn't provide a particularly convenient way to
> get an instance of what we call the "output" form -- the form which
> will be in the view  to which control is directed.  Since 1.2.0, I've
> committed a few changes which make it a little easier for you to get
> Form Bean instances, but what is still missing right now is a
> proposal for a standard place to configure Struts to know which form
> bean you want.
>
> Practically speaking, you can get an Object of the right class from a
> static method of RequestUtils with no more than a FormBeanConfig and
> the ActionServlet.  You can get a FormBeanConfig from a ModuleConfig
> instance, which you can get using ModuleUtils.  So inside any Action,
> you can bootstrap yourself to having a Form bean object, which you
> can populate however you need.

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/util/RequestUtils.htm
l#createActionForm(org.apache.struts.config.FormBeanConfig,%20org.apache.str
uts.action.ActionServlet)

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/config/ModuleConfig.h
tml#findFormBeanConfig(java.lang.String)

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/util/ModuleUtils.html
#getModuleConfig(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest)