From: Paul Stanton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: <html:select> question

i think you are trying to do the following...

labelProperty="name"/> </html:select>

this is assuming uList is a list of beans with id/name fields and your form has a userId field.

Au-Yeung, Stella H wrote:

Hi:
I need to set a "pre-defined" option in <html:select> using the "value=" attribute, I thought the following will work:

<bean:define id="uList" name="UserFormBean" property="userList"/> <html:select property="person.id" value="person.id"> <html:options collection="uList" name="UserFormBean" property="userId" labelproperty="commonName"/></html:select>

I have a "person" bean.   I want to set the "selected"  option if
"person.id"  matches "userId" .   I thought the "value" attribute  is to

be

compared with for marking an option selected. But the above doesn't

work.

It always set the 1st option to be the "selected" option .
Am I misunderstanding the use of "value="?