Are you accessing the app through InternetExplorer?
We had a production app running on just WAS 5 Express (no apache) with SSL
with no problems Then the users upgraded their browsers in the beginning of
Feb, and they started having problems.  It appears that sometimes POST
forms don't submit any data when submitted.  It's not just the actionForms
not being populated.  In one of my actionForms validate methods, I looped
through all the requests parameters and there were none, so it seems the
request doesn't even get populated.  Unfortunately, I don't have a good
work around, we ended up just turning off SSL once they get past the login
screen.  This is ok for our purposes, but depending on your app it may not
be an option for you.  GET method forms, seem to work ok, so changing all
your forms to GET is another option.  Now I wonder if it's a combination of
WebSphere. Struts, IE and SSL, I didn't think of relating it to WAS , but I
was wondering why no one else seems to have the same problem.  Also I have
had the same problem with WAS adminconsole which is a struts app, so I was
able to sort of rule out just us doing something wrong.

             Håkan Fransson
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             e>                                                         To
                                       "Struts Users Mailing List"
             03/09/2004 10:49          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         SV: SSL and actionforms
               "Struts Users
               Mailing List"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
              rta.apache.org>

We are on development right now so we are just assuming all material being
dynamic
and deploy the web application direct on the application server(WAS
5.0.2.2)
and it's web container
using port 9443. I'm running it through WSAD.