or as has been suggested

on tc 5 and other jsp2 supporting containers el works without having to use an el library

On 10 Mar 2004, at 04:12, Paul Stanton wrote:

yes, but theres no other way (without writing your own tag) to put "myProp" into the "href" attribute.

Kunal H. Parikh wrote:

Will try this, but .... doesn't having <%=myProp%> mean that I am using a
scriptlet ? And, shouldn't our JSP not include scriptlets as far as possible ?