Hi,

I have a web application in which I need to generate
reports on the fly, i.e., the user submits some report
criteria on a web page and report has to be generated
dynamically.
I searched the archives and found that Jasper reports
is a good tool to use, and there are some GUI tools
available which will help in report design eg.
iReports.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it advisable to use Struts for the reporting
application? Or just a JSP/Servlet based application
would suffice?

2. Is there a big learning curve for using Jasper
reports/IReports?

I would appreciate it if somebody could share their
experience in using the above mentioned tools.

Thanks,
Shyam