Hi all,

i´m reposting my problem trying to be a little bit more specific. This problem is very important for me, though i made another 'book like' example to show where i am.

There are three beans playing in my theatre:
1. the CommonValuesBean which stores frequently asked data for my JSP HTMLForms
2. the CustomerBean which is an buisiness objekt representing a customer
3. the DynaForm which stores data coming from my JSP HTMLForms.

First of all, the CommonValuesBean is initialised. Therefore, i´ve got the sessionListener that puts data in it, anytime a new session is creatd:

public void sessionCreated(HttpSessionEvent event) {
CommonValuesBean commonValuesBean = new CommonValuesBean(); // create new bean instance
HashMap countries = new HashMap(); // Create new map
countries.put("countryCode1","country1")
countries.put("countryCode2","country2")
countries.put("countryCode3","country3")

countries.setCountries(countries); // Our example map is now stored

HttpSession session = event.getSession();
session.setAttribute("commonValuesBean",CommonValuesBean);
}

Now we begin to deal with the customers. There is listCustomers Action that shows all of the customers. You can klick one to
get more detailed information using the customersDetailsAction:

public class customersDetailsAction extends Action
{
private Customer customer = new Customer();

public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,ActionForm form,HttpServletRequest req,HttpServletResponse res)
throws IOException, ServletException
{
customer.setFirstName("Frank");
customer.setLastName("Schaare");
customer.setCountry("country2");

req.setAttribute("customer",customer); // storing customer in request

return mapping.findForward("customerShowDetails"); // mapped to customerShowDetails.jsp
}
}

The customerShowDetails.jsp looks like this:

.
. tons of markup
.
.
. again: tons of markup
.

The problem is, that the <html:optionsCollection> renders a select like this:

<select name="country">
        <option value="countryCode1">country1</option>
        <option value="countryCode2">country2</option>
        <option value="countryCode3">country3</option>
</select>

i desperately NEED to render the select like this:

<select name="country">
        <option value="countryCode1">country1</option>
        <option selected value="countryCode2">country2</option>
        <option value="countryCode3">country3</option>
</select>

because my customer lives in country2 !

Is there any way to tell Struts to do this ?