--- Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hubert Rabago wrote:
> > My current users are Excel lovers, so I generate formatted Excel docs
> > (through POI) that they can edit or print directly.
>
> Do you have a small example?  I'm currently sending a CSV from my Struts
> app, but there is a huge demand for Excel.  I've started experimenting
> with the XML structure of an Excel Workbook, but I don't know how far
> that's going to get me.

I found this really helpful:
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/quick-guide.html
It's their "Busy Developers' Guide to HSSF Features" and it gives you the
complete needed to produce a worksheet to see each feature, one at a time.
I got 95% of what I needed there, and the rest by studying the method
signatures of the different classes.

Hubert