From: Daniel Lipofsky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 2:37 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: a security framework!

I did something similar.  I extended each struts HTML tag
to take a rule and evaluate it in doStartTag.
It then returns SKIP_BODY to hide it or
super.doStartTag() to show it.  Similarly doEndTag()
returns EVAL_PAGE to hide it or super.doEndTag()
to show it.  I actually have 3 security levels and
I call setDisabled() to disable the field if it
is visible but not editable.  It's not hard.
- Dan