I have a jsp form which has fields that require no validation. So I don't
need to validate the form input.
If I don't include an ActionForm, I get a "... null form ..." error message.
Does this mean that I MUST create ActionForms, even if they are "empty" --
i.e., no validate() method and no getters/setters defined?

Here's my mapping. The ActionForm  referred to by "saveDocHyperlinksForm" is
empty. So why can't I simply OMIT the "name", "scope" and "validate"
name/value pairs?

  <action path="/saveDocHyperlinks"
   type="com.domain.some.struts.SaveDocHyperlinksAction"
   name="saveDocHyperlinksForm"
   scope="request"
   validate="false">
   <forward name="success" path="/sysAdminModule/protectedPages/links.jsp"
/>
  </action>

Thanks,
Frank.