A big thank you to Richard and Shyam!  I have things working again and am
back on track to get this app deployed!!

Janice

----- Original Message -----
From: Janice
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 11:56 AM
Subject: urgent - data-source and container managed datasource

Hi There,

I'm getting ready to ship off my application and I'm trying to use the
application server (standalone oc4j) to hold the data source information
instead of having it in struts-config.xml.  Is this possible?

When jDeveloper deploys to the server it builds me a data-sources.xml file
which I presume is correct.  When I test the connection, its fine.

In web.xml I entered:

  <resource-ref>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/bartCoreDS</res-ref-name>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

Where "jdbc/bartCoreDS" matches the "location" entry of the data-source in
data-sources.xml.

Then I took out the data-sources from struts-config.xml.  I'm not terribly
surprised that now my application can't find the database.  The problem is I
don't know where to look for instructions on how to do this or if its even
possible.  Is there a way to put a data-source configuration in
struts-config.xml that tells it to look at the container, so that the
username and password aren't in it??

If I can provide more information, I will.  Time is running a bit short, so
I'd really, really appreciate a quick response.

Janice