Short of a reload, I believe only a JavaScript/DHTML function can provide this
behavior.

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Dillon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 2:48 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Hierarchical Lists

Say I have 2 (or more) lists that are part of a hierarchy, such that the first list is
a category (say Food Groups) and the second list contains children of each of the
first list's items (for this example, let's say Food Types).

How do I get the second list to be filtered based on the selection in the first list?
I know this can be done by reloading the page each time the selection is changed in
the first list, but is there a way to do this without the page reload?

To add more detail to the example:

Food Groups             Food Types
-----------             ----------
Meat&Dairy              Beef
                        Chicken
                        Milk
                        Eggs
Fruit&Veg               Melons
                        Apples
                        Oranges
                        Lettuce

If Meat&Dairy is selected in the Food Groups list, can the second Food Types list be
filtered to only the Meat&Dairy food types without a page reload?