    <item vale="catalog">

and I extend it for every page :

<definition name="tile:search-result" extends="tile:base">
 <put name="currentLocation" value="0.1.2"/>
</definition>

I use <c:forTokens> to get indexes in "locations" (0, 1 & 2) from currentLocation" and print ${locations[index].value} in the JSP.

Nico.

Axel Groß a écrit :

On 2004-03-18 at 14:11:43 +0100, nicolas De Loof wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible when extending a tile definition to ADD some items to an existing list (defined by parent tile definition) ?

no, not with the current tiles implementation i posted a generic request for solving this a while ago, but didnt get much
answers to it (maybe I should repost)

I would like to do this :
My web pages have a top line that describe flow in app, something like this :

home > catalog > search > result

I'm using a tile definition for this using the <putlist> and <item> tags. But I need to set the full list on every definition. I would like to use definition extends mecanism to have a "home" tile definition, extend it in a "home.catalog", itself extended by a "home.catalog.search" and so on. Every tile definition should only have to ADD it's item to the existing list.

Is they're a way to do it ?

suppose you should use another tiles:putList for each of the following
extensions and treat the values of them like they were in just one list.
but its evil! should be already in tiles ;)
also you have to decide if want to be able to override old items (then you
just have to implement it)

i.e. (without markup :)
definition name="justOne"
putList name="bla1"
 item name="itemX" value="valueX"

definition name="alreadyTwo" extends="justOne"
putList name="bla2"
 item name="itemY" value="valueY"

when using it search for blaN until you don't find that blaN anymor (using
logic:iterate and logic:exists and/or EL syntax)