You haven't even tried using the struts tag..

now if the value of teacher equals one of the ssn values it will be selected.

On 22 Mar 2004, at 15:26, as as wrote:

Hi
I tried a lot but in vain, to show a certain default in a drop down as selected, using my <select> statement as follows:
<select name="completeName">
<logic:iterate id="teacher" name="teachers">
<option value="<bean:write name="teacher" property ="SSN"/>">
<bean:write name="teacher" property ="completeName"/>
</option>
</logic:iterate>
</select>

Looking for alternatives on how to implement the same: (probably using no struts tag)

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Sam.

Do you Yahoo!?