If I don't remove the attribute following requests will not work (because of
the code
in ActionServlet.getRequestProcessor)

Is this a bug?

That sounds like a bug to me. I'm thinking that destroy methods should remove from the application context anything the instance put into the context earlier. Perhaps you can file a bug at http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/ Patches are always appreciated.

3) Don't you think that something like that could be useful? I mean, if
answer to 1) is NO,
wouldn't be useful to have a configuration reloader with struts?

This is something people have been requesting for a long time, as a search of the mailing list archives would reveal. I don't recall the details, but I seem to remember some arguments as to why this wasn't being done. Like I said, I don't recall, so I don't know if someone thought it was impossible, a bad idea, or just something they weren't going to sit down and do -- but it's probably worth a little research before going too far.

There is some discussion on struts-dev right now about changes (extensions) to the way that struts config files are loaded. Maybe now would be a good time to also weigh in on how they could be *reloaded*.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."
-- Jef Raskin