Hello!

I have a configuration question around failover with stunnel as a https client
(that is, "client=yes"). The end goal here is a "Try to connect to host A, if
that fails, connect to host B, etc." type of setup. I can do that with multiple
connect= options, one per host, and it works as expected:

        connect=x.x.x.x
        connect=y.y.y.y
        connect=z.z.z.z

The question I have is around doing the same thing with a proxy. In a proxy
configuration, connect= specifies the proxy (https in my case, so
"protocol=connect"), and protocolHost= specifies the host that I want to
connect to via that proxy. Unfortunately, it seems that protocolHost only
allows a single host and cannot be used multiple times, so I can't specify the
hosts to failover to.

        connect=my.proxy.ip

        protocol=connect
        protocolhost=x.x.x.x
        protocolhost=y.y.y.y
        protocolhost=z.z.z.z

That always attempts to connect to z.z.z.z (the last specified host) via the
proxy.

I am using stunnel 4.56 (stock stunnel from Centos 7), but happy to upgrade if
a newer version makes this possible (the manual suggests the latest version
works the same way).

Any suggestions? I'm sure I could accomplish this by wrapping stunnel in a
script that generates a new config file for each failover, but well, I'm hoping
to not have to do that.

Thanks,

Daphne