Hi,

For the "Ability to Configure Dive Computers" idea, one of the prerequisites is access to a supported dive computer. I think you can easily drop this requirement. The most likely target dive computer for this feature is the Heinrichs-Weikamp OSTC. It's open source, the available settings are fully documented, and modifying them is already supported by libdivecomputer. But reading and writing the OSTC EEPROM (which is where the settings are stored) is also supported by the libdivecomputer simulator. That means you can test your code without needing an OSTC at all. Even firmware updates can be simulated! Dropping this requirement will probably make it easier to find a student that can work on this :-)

Of course I'm also happy to assist a student with the libdivecomputer related parts of this idea.

If the Gsoc ideas are not restricted to subsurface, but can be extended into libdivecomputer territory, then I may have another suggestion: integrate the subsurface Uemis code in libdivecomputer.

Jef