On 2014-03-09 02:14, Harshit Gupta B.Tech., Electrical, IT-BHU, Varanasi (INDIA) wrote:
I need some guidance from where I can study about how the desktop
application works or atleast give me the links , so that I can understand the code and try to implement it on Android. I asked this question on IRC
too but none of the mentors were there at that time.

Usually, the best way to learn how something works, is by using it. For example run it inside a debugger and see which functions are being called, etc. Once you have a rough idea of how it works, you can start digging deeper into the details.

I suggest you start by setting up the libdivecomputer simulator [1]. Even if you have a supported divecomputer, the simulator is more convenient because you don't have to mess with cables, activating PC mode, etc. If you have questions or problems, just ask!

[1] http://www.libdivecomputer.org/simulator.html

Jef