Thiago,

I believe this is largely borrowed from your code - can you work with
Joshua on good / correct attribution of the code origin. Also, would you
do a quick review of the code?

I asked Joshua to send it here so I could test it and everyone could
provide input. Robert (or any of the other main Mac based developers),
can you make sure this makes sense? Lubomir, what about your native
builds on Windows, does this work?

Thanks everyone for your help

/D