On 2014-07-01 08:25, Glenn Drew wrote:
Jef. I just tried the cable on 2 other usb ports on my laptop and the
download worked successfully on the last one. I must remember this. I was
not aware there was any difference in the ports.
Thank you for your time.

In theory there shouldn't be a difference. But apparently there is a difference for you.

Using a USB hub is the only problem that I'm aware of that sometimes seems to cause trouble for downloading dive computer. I'm not sure why, but I suspect that for timing sensitive protocols, the extra layer might increase the latency too much.

Can you suggest any help in downloading the latest version as requested in
my previous email?

I don't have any good advice, other than trying to download again.

http://subsurface.hohndel.org/download/

Jef