Le 28/08/2014 16:01, Willem Ferguson a écrit :
On 28/08/2014 15:51, Guillaume Gardet wrote:

Hi,

I just started to play with subsurface some days ago. It seems that the ceiling
/ deco calculation is done by a Bühlmann ZHL-16b model. I think it would be
nice to have an interface to switch between various deco model.
Ok, currently, there is only one model, but I think people would be interested
to be able to switch with other models. One usage would be to have a deco
planner matching (more or less) the dive computer used.

What do you think about that ?

Guillaume

The Buhlmann approach is well defined and all the details of his models are explained in
his papers and books. However, the more modern dual state models (="bubble
models") are mostly proprietary and all the details have not been exposed. For
insance the variable permiability model is totally proprietary and people actually make
money from it (e.g. VPlanner). Therefore they do not wish to expose the details of these
models. The RGBM is the best described and understood but even all its details have not
been published.
Kind regards,
willem

Thanks for your feedback.

For Bühlmann there are multiple models :
* number of tissue compartments (8, 12 or 16)
* A/B/C variants (at least for ZHL-16): A is theoretical only, B is for tables
generation and C is for dive computer (more conservative).

So, we could implement those variants.

Guillaume