On 2014-08-25 11:03, Jef Driesen wrote:
On 2014-08-25 07:10, Sincere CHEN wrote:
I have a computer Dive Rite Nitek Q. and I want to use surface to download
its dive log.

I run surface, and I use USB cable connect my Nitek Q to computer.

And then I select Nitek Q to “PC” model, at that time, the Nitek Q display
“USB communicating”

And I open surface, choose “import from dive computer”, and choose “Dive
Rite”, “Nitek Q”, “COM 28”.

When I click “OK”, it seems successful, since surface display my Nitek Q
serial number.

However, after some second, surface breakdown. My system display the
following information:

 [...]

My system is:

Windows 7 64bit

Does any guys meet this problem? How do you fix it?

First we need to find out whether this crash is in subsurface or
libdivecomputer.

I received a memory dump from Chen, and the crash is caused by a buffer overflow in libdivecomputer. The buffer overflow is already fixed, but the problem that triggered it is still present. There is a dive where both the start and end address of the profile data are identical. So that's basically a zero-length dive, which is really weird. Still under investigation.

Jef