On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 12:37 PM, William Perry <wmpe...@kadath.us> wrote:

> I just finished  by CCR training down in Bonaire last week so I don’t have a
> lot of experience, but I did find that minor depth changes did not impact
> the loop volume enough for me to feel the need to add diluent.  My inhale
> was cut very slightly short (I was diving with the auto-diluent-valve off
> after the initial big descent).  This would be equivalent to the occasional
> mask clear at depth.  If you are doing a ton of 10 meter ascents/descents in
> a cave system as it winds around then those will add up quickly, but 1-2
> footers is noise.

Bill,

I agree: 1/2 foot is noise, 10 m is significant.

What value do you think we should use as limit? I just proposed 1 m on
my previous email to Robert but I'm not sure if this value is big
enough.

What do you think?

> Would tracking only the size of the counter lungs be sufficient?

I don't think any of this is necessary, neither counter lungs volume
nor loop volume as I mentioned on my previous email.

Regards,

Rodrigo