Il 01/gen/2015 19:02 "Krzysztof Arentowicz" <karent....@gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> W dniu 01.01.2015 o 18:52, Dirk Hohndel pisze:
>
> > I think I'll hack together some code that does that.
> >
> > But what else should we do?
>

> I think most freedivers (discalimer: I'm not a freediver) prefer to use
seconds as  denominator for ascent/descent speeds.
> Subsurface can use freediving tag to switch denominator for these dives.
> Better yet, there can be 2 options in time units setting, separate for
scubadiving and freediving which allows users to have full control.

I think that a good implementation of free dive mode it's not so trivial as
could appear.
Subsurface UI should be customized while in this mode.

As Krzysztof said, time units should be in seconds...
Most of the dive profile features would be just useless or plain wrong so
they should be disabled/removed.
No tanks and mixes.
Probably other caveats that I don't remember now.

When I add a dive I should be able to add a free dive with the above
characteristics.
When I download a set of  dives I should be able to mark them as free dives
even if there's no flag coming from the instrument.
And I could change type afterwards...
How to group/number them on dive list view is another good question.
I was trying to see how the latest suunto DM manages them but I haven't a
set of free dive to play with.

For OC/CC/PSCR dive types there is not such difference (except CC
planning). For me I just added a personal PSCR tag and I'm set but free
dive opens tricky  UI coherence aspects.

Bye