> On Jan 29, 2015, at 8:07 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.tur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 29 Jan 2015, at 17:16, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not aware of any major blocking bugs in Beta 2. Not a lot of people
>> are testing it (latest count is 35), so maybe that means we should skip
>> doing a Beta 3 and go straight to releasing 4.4...
>
> There are a few issues on dive info UI that makes it quite unusable on
> Ubuntu. It would be really great if those could be tackled before the
> release. E.g. the tag widget is sticky and almost impossible to get rid of
> once it opens up.
>
> Some others (ghost cursor, markkng field as changes) are more of an
> annoyance, but worth a look if someone understands the code for the dive info
> tab.

Or people could stop using a broken OS. Yeah, I’m dreaming.
But I’m not holding back the Windows and Mac binaries (which 85% of our users
use) for the %7% of our users who are on Ubuntu.

Or to phrase this differently. I would never use Ubuntu on a client. I know we
have some developers who do. If those have patches that are conditionally
compiled for Ubuntu (based on the #define UBUNTU_IS_CRAP or something
reasonable like that) and that fix the issue, I’ll be happy to consider them
for 4.4. Otherwise this will go into the “Known bugs” section.

/D