I notice that if one logs into Facebook through Subsurface and then close Subsurface without disconnecting from Facebook, it looks like the Facebook session is not disconnected. If one fires up Subsurface and open the Facebook Preferences within Subsurface, the connection is till there and one can upload imaged to Facebook. To disconnect one has to explicitly disconnect even if it is several Subsurface sessions later. I am not sure how much of this is intentional.

There is a checkbox "Keep the connection with Subsurface" which, in my case, was NOT checked. But later experimentation made it look like this checkbox does not affect the fact that one remains connected.

I would suggest that, if one is connected to facebook and one terminates Subsurface, one uses the same popup asking about "Do you want to save the changes?" and add another question "You are connected to Facebook. Do you wish to remain connected?
Kind regards,
willem