On 12/03/2015 08:39, Miika Turkia wrote:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:25 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit...@gmail.com <mailto:neolit...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    hey Miika,

The bug was not really deterministic. When moving a divepoint around and releasing it, it was occationally possible to drop the point so it was not on the profile. Bug 784 might give a better idea of how to reproduce, even though it was not that obvious.

miika

Here is a procedure for replicating this reliably on my linux box.
1) Add->dive This gives last part of default profile as in attached image: initial.png. 2) Slowly drag the last point og the bottom section of the profile to the right, past the end of the profile. Point separates from profile. See attached image: outsidepoint.png. Now there are 3 points towards the right end of the bottom section of the profile 3) Delete the leftmost of the above three points. It disappears. See image: delete_1.png. 4) Now delete the middle of the original 3 points. It disappears, but point #1 that has been deleted re-appears. See delete_2.png
One can go on ad infinitum trying to delete these points.

Another issue that may be important: In the dive profile at the top lefthand corner is what appears to be a point. See origin.png. I cannot drag it. What gives?

I am so glad this issue is addressed now because this is exactly the sort of stuff that strongly discourages a first-time user of Subsurface.
Kind regards,
willem