On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 04:02:06PM +0100, Robert Helling wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> of course I agree (otherwise we would’t propose that project) and many of our
> users ask for such a thing (as other deco software offers it).
>
> As far as practical use is concerned, however, I doubt that it would make so
> much of a difference: I believe that Buehlmann with gradient factors offers
> already pretty much all of the flexibility (in its two parameters) to fit
> pretty much any deco model even for the types of dives the usual tec diver
> does within the error bars of physiological uncertainty. I.e. you can already
> tune your gradient factors to make it mimic any reasonable bubble based deco
> schedule within the appropriate uncertainty.
>
> Let me once more point out my pamphlet (in German) about this:
> http://euve10195.vserver.de/~robert/dekotheorie.pdf
> <http://euve10195.vserver.de/~robert/dekotheorie.pdf>

One of the things that crack me up about the implementations of bubble
algorithms that I have seen so far is that they all have these unexplained
constants that are thrown in - and those constants have been carefully
chosen to make the profiles generated by the bubble algorithms match the
Buehlmann profiles... Yay progress :-)

/D