When I manage to connect to the OSTC 2 device and to initiate the data
transfer I get the same result. It gets stuck somewhere in the middle.
The libdivecomputer back-end initiate a read request for a 1024 buffer
and can read only 923 bytes from device's buffer.
I will let you know if the new firmware fixes this problem.

That is definitely we need to work on with Matthias. I got sidetracked
(I simply work on too many things - I need more areas where others take
over and I don't need to worry about them) and never spent the time to
really figure out what was broken.

That's a known issue of the 1.80. Update to 1.81 and this will be fixed automatically.

Regards,
Matthias