On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 10:18:36AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> I forgot to upgrade the build server for the Windows binaries to Qt5.5 :-(
>
> Grmbl. Doing that right now... there may be a Beta 3 quicker than expected.

Or not. MXE no longer builds QtWebKit by default (because it can't be
built statically) and when enabled the build fails and as usual looking
at the build output tells me absolutely nothing.

Googling some more of course immediately arrives at "oh, QtWebKit is
deprecated in Qt5.4 and later".

Which leads me to go "<censored>"

So we really want to build with Qt5.5 for several of the features we use
(especially BT), but we also rely on a component that is deprecated in
Qt5.5 and no longer built on one of our platforms and the idiot maintainer
didn't notice this until after releasing Beta 2.

So now what? Switch to QtWebEngine way into the beta cycle?

From what I can tell the only point where we need QtWebKit is printer.cpp
(which is why I'm even bringing this up)... how hard would it be to not
need QtWebKit???

I can't begin to express how frustrated I am with myself right now.

/D