On Tuesday, January 05, 2016 07:46:27 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > A note on this: We need this kind of feedback fed back into Plasma. I
> > know
> > it's mainly my fault right now for not putting enough time into it, but I
> > fear  by monkey-patching out this kind of features, we're making the
> > delta bigger to a point where the subsurface team ends up maintaining a
> > set of mobile components that have diverged from the Plasma upstream
> > ones. That's not a situation that I consider worthwhile spending my time
> > on, and I think it would be a net-loss to subsurface in the long run.
>
> Completely agree (except... wait, what? monkey patching?)

Eeh, I just realized that this comes over a bit more disrespectful than I
intended. Sorry for that. I just want to prevent that we push fixes to the
wrong origin and end up having bugs either resurface, or not being able to get
fixes from upstream without considerable work.

> No criticism on you, but you disappeared - nothing in a month. I'm trying
> to  move a project forward; what am I going to do?

Just a quick note: I didn't disappear so much, as to be held back by a broken
build, I did put an hour in here and there, but nothing really came out of it,
so you didn't hear from me.

That said, the work done in the meantime is awesome. I'm particularly happy
with the black icons investigation, as that was quite the mystery bug.

Going to fix my builds now...
--
sebas

Sebastian Kügler    |    http://vizZzion.org    |     http://kde.org