This is what I'd suggest we do for now, while looking at improving the gas
compressibility in the future.

The first patch just splits out the gas compressibility into a file of its
own, because this is *so* different from everything else we do.

The second patch leaves the Redlich-Kwong formula in the source tree, but
replaces the actual use with Lubomir's least-square quintic polynomial
that matches the Wikipedia table for air at 300K.

The quintic formula may be overkill, but it's really simple to calculate
and a lot cleaner than my disgusting table lookup.

Linus Torvalds (2):
  gas model: split up gas compressibility into a file of its own
  gas model: replace Redlich-Kwong with least-square quintic

 subsurface-core/CMakeLists.txt |   1 +
 subsurface-core/dive.c         |  43 ----------------
 subsurface-core/gas-model.c    | 111 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 create mode 100644 subsurface-core/gas-model.c

--
2.7.2.334.g7c0da37