> On Oct 31, 2016, at 1:54 AM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabr...@kde.org> wrote:
>
> Safe to enter,
> my work is mainly in the background.
>
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Willem Ferguson
> <willemfergu...@zoology.up.ac.za <mailto:willemfergu...@zoology.up.ac.za>>
> wrote:
> Reorganise the Preferences-> Graph panel.
>
> This file is meant as a proof of concept.
>
> The graph panel has been somewhat unfocused. Firstly the two existing
> headings (Show and Misc) were rather uninformative. I organised the graph
> preferences under three headings: 1) Gas pressure display setup, 2) Ceiling
> display setup and 3) Misc.
>
> I did not change any variable names or names of members of classes. I only
> reorganised the existing panel.
>
> If my approach is agreed upon, there are a number of things that would need
> to be finalised.
>
> TOMAZ, does this affect any of the work you have been doing to the
> preferences?
> ROBERT, when the graph tab is opened, the Bühlmann radio button is already
> selected. However, the change in the way the ceiling is calculated only takes
> effect once the Apply button is selected. On my machine it starts up with
> VPMB.

It should start up with whatever was last selected and the radio button should
match the mode it is in.
This sounds like a preferences loading / storing bug. Tomaz, can you look into
this?

> Even when the Apply button is selected, the option(s) (e.g. VPMB
> conservatism, GFHigh, GFLow) are not greyed out in the appropriate way. This
> only happens once either the VPMB or the Bühlmann radio button is selected.

That isn’t hard to do in the UI code. Do you need help with that?

> I found it difficult to right-align the text in some fields. At the moment
> some alignment is done by inserting spaces on the left of the appropriate
> string properties in the preferences_graph.ui file. This is not optimal at
> all. There is a Qt::Alignment class member and I tried defining a property in
> the XML and then setting this alignment property to Qt::AlignRight. This
> works, but messes up the vertical alignment of the specific text lable. I
> have not found a better solution than the present one but maybe someone knows
> of a more elegant solution.

Aligning with spaces is a non-starter because it gets messed up with
translations. We need to programmatically line things up correctly. Again, this
is a Qt issue.

> There are a few small problems with the naming of properties in the XML. This
> comes from the existing code but can easily be fixed.

Can you say more about that, please?

Thanks

/D