On 29-06-17 17:59, Linus Torvalds wrote:

In order to check my hypothesis, I hacked around in qt-ble.cpp. And yes, I'm
basically sure that the service 0000fefb... is the right one. In the code in
master this one is discarded as standard, but by using this anyway I am able
to get the OSTC3 in download mode. I did not succeed up to now to receive
data from the OSTC3, so obviously, the parsing fails right at the start.
You could probably  just verify my "enable notification from the
second characteristic" by extending on your hack with the attached
patch. Does that make it work for you?

I verified your patch to select the proper notify characteristic, and that works correctly. I suppose that this patch does not break other already working BLE devices, so this one should go in master I think.

Note that you'll still need your code to pick the right characteristic
- this is just the "enable notifications right" side.
Yes, did that, and then the receiving/reading of data is still no yet working (not surprising as I had the correct notify characteristic hard coded selected). I found out that BLEObject::characteristcStateChanged() is never called in my situation, so no incoming packets are seen. Not sure why (yet).

--jan