> On Jul 4, 2017, at 6:44 AM, Jan Mulder <jlmul...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> On 04-07-17 15:31, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>> On Jul 4, 2017, at 12:29 AM, Rick Walsh <rickmwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I tried to download dives from my Shearwater Petrel 2 to my phone (Samsung
>>> Galaxy S7) with the latest daily Android build, 4.6.4.333-arm.  With
>>> previous builds, download was working correctly with standard Bluetooth.
>>> Now Subsurface-mobile is now trying to connect using BLE, but failing to
>>> connect.  The dive computer screen continues with the waiting for PC
>>> countdown the entire time.
>>>
>>> I tried first by selecting Vendor: Paired Bluetooth, DC: Petrel
>>> (LE:00:13....)
>>>

> More in general, I have seen weird things related to BT/BLE switching. For
> example, my OSTC3 paired as a type 1 (classic), type 2 (ble only), and type 3
> (bt and ble). This all just on OS (Android) level. Re-pairing solved it most
> of the time (as it is definitely a type 3).
>
> @Rick, in the app log, there is in de beginning some debug data printed about
> found paired devices. If that reports a wrong type, things will get confusing.

I just realized that in his crash report for deleting dives, Rick included the
very beginning with the pairing information:

07-04 19:03:24.687   306   333 D
/data/newandroid/subsurface/qt-models/messagehandlermodel.cpp: INFO:
"localDevice Samsung Galaxy S7 is valid, starting discovery"
07-04 19:03:24.698   306   333 D
/data/newandroid/subsurface/qt-models/messagehandlermodel.cpp: INFO: paired
Device type 2 with address "LE:00:13:43:0E:6B:D0"
07-04 19:03:24.704   306   333 D
/data/newandroid/subsurface/qt-models/messagehandlermodel.cpp: INFO: paired
Device type 1 with address "00:19:0E:16:D6:FE"
07-04 19:03:24.710   306   333 D
/data/newandroid/subsurface/qt-models/messagehandlermodel.cpp: INFO: paired
Device type 1 with address "44:85:00:1D:12:6B"
07-04 19:03:24.710   306   333 D
/data/newandroid/subsurface/qt-models/messagehandlermodel.cpp: INFO: Found new
device: "Petrel" "LE:00:13:43:0E:6B:D0"
07-04 19:03:24.710   306   333 D
/data/newandroid/subsurface/qt-models/messagehandlermodel.cpp: INFO: "this
could be a Shearwater Petrel"
07-04 19:03:24.710   306   333 D
/data/newandroid/subsurface/qt-models/messagehandlermodel.cpp: INFO: adding new
btDCs entry (detected DC) "Petrel" 2 1 "LE:00:13:43:0E:6B:D0"

The Petrel is found as a type 2 (BLE only) device, not as type 3 (dual stack)
device. That's why we only try to connect via BLE and only offer it once in the
drop down.

/D