On 15/10/2017 12:12, Stefan Fuchs wrote:

Hello Willem,

Am 15.10.2017 um 11:40 schrieb Willem Ferguson:
my bad. i'm on Zetsy, actually (Ubuntu 17.04).
i simply followed our instructions and it just worked.

- cloned Subsurface
- pulled all the packages with one apt-get command from INSTALL
- called build.sh
- Subsurface was ready to run

Zetsy has Qt version 5.7.1.

i think we were supposed to support 5.5..or was it 5.6.
I can do a linux build here with:
Qt 5.5.1 (x86_64-little_endian-lp64 shared (dynamic) release build; by GCC 5.4.0 20160609) on "xcb"
OS: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS [linux version 4.10.0-37-generic]

After the fix for the googlemaps plugin by Lubomir even this works.

Best regards
Stefan

-
I have a clean build on 16.04 for the latest Subsurface master. However, QtLocation and QtPositioning appear to have been added after Q5.5. Please point me to Lobomir's fix, will you?

The question is: Can you build the googlemaps plugin? Because Lubomirs fix was for building the plugin against Qt5.5. The fix is already merged into Dirks fork of googlemaps:
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/googlemaps/commits/master

But I don't know if this is really your issue.

Beside this what I had to do was a:

sudo apt-get installĀ  qml-module-qtpositioning qml-module-qtlocation

Best regards
Stefan

--

Stefan Fuchs
E-Mail: sfu...@gmx.de <mailto:sfu...@gmx.de>

Done. It appears everything is already updated in the latest master. I only needed to do the apt-get for the 2 modules above. I tried with qtlocation-5.dev and that did not work. Did not realise I needed the qml modules in addition.

What a relief to be free of Marble.

I appear to have a faultless executable.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf for full details.