Lubomir,

Attached is a screenshot with some dive sites in my dive log. As you can see, the names overlap too such an extent that the readability and information provided by the map is compromised.

Is there any sensible way to omit some of the names from the image to improve readability when there is overlap of text? I have thought a bit about how one would do something like this, but it appears complex because it is determined by the degree of zoom applied to the map as well as the dive site spacing in a particular area. Ultimately, at very close zoom-in it would not be necessary to omit any names, but at a zoomed-out scale deleting some names bay be useful. I notice that you automatically do not provide dive site names when the map is zoomed out very far. I therefore assume you have actually thought about this problem and that there is not a simple solution?

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf for full details.