Tags are pushed. Source are up. Binaries are up. Post is up on our website, but
not yet on FB. Download links are updated.
I wonder what I forgot this time...

The announcement would benefit from translation.

Speaking of which, we should reconsider some of the translations that we offer.

Dutch and Spanish are clearly actively maintained. German is somewhat
maintained.
The other languages haven't seen updates in a long time...
Do we have people interested in maintaining French, Italian, Polish, Russian,
Portuguese, and Finnish?
Because if we don't, then maybe we should discontinue those and focus on those
languages where we have active maintainers.

Speaking of that - it's high time to refresh our website content in the first
place. The pages haven't changed in quite a while and I think they are pretty
stale and outdated at this time.

Any volunteers? Anyone with a knack for writing good copy who'd love to
contribute to Subsurface by helping us refresh the website?

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who helped track down a couple of odd and
hard to fix bugs, especially the download and configuration issues with some
OSTCs and of course the crashes on Mac. These were rather odd issues to run
into after the release.
While the log seems to indicate that the vast majority of the work was done by
Jan and myself, I think it's fair to say that by far the majority of our
commits are incremental improvements to the build system and cleanup work. The
feature work came mostly from the other people in this list.

$ git shortlog -s -n v4.8.0..
    41  Dirk Hohndel
    25  jan Iversen
    16  Berthold Stoeger