On 2019/04/13 07:10, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 07:50:48AM -0500, Adric Norris wrote:
Things seem to be working normally on Ubuntu 18.10 (cosmic), except that
Check for Updates indicates "You are running an unknown product version
4.8.6.0, latest released version is 4.8.5". I'm guessing that whatever file
it checks on the server just doesn't get updated until closer to the
release announcement, so it's *probably* expected at this point.
Oh FUN. Thanks for pointing this out. That's an interesting side effect of
my change in infrastructure that I had not taken into account.

The way it determines the latest development version and the latest
release version is actually rather different. And with the web server and
the updatecheck server no longer being the same system, I ended up
breaking that logic. I can manually fix this right now, but I'll have to
think through a 'real' solution for this problem...

This is why it's so useful when the people here test the releases and
point out oddities.

Much appreciated!

/D

What an interesting upgrade, I love it. One anomaly that I  found is that when I edit dive information on the notes tab, the behaviour differs  quite a lot: 1) No yellow background to indicate editing; 2) no Accept/reject box to confirm changes. I suspect this was intended. What is the philosophy for editing existing dive information? For the Equipment tab, the Confirm/reject dialog works as previously.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf <http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf> for full details.