On 11 September, 2019 - liquid tcp wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 4:45 PM Anton Lundin <gla...@acc.umu.se> wrote:

> > subsurface
> > >
> > > The Pro models don't support BLE - and on Android support of cable based
> > > downloads is mostly non-existant. Yes, for FTDI cables this appears to
> > > work for a small number of people who's phones' Android version doesn't
> > > block access to the way we try to open the USB port, but it appears for
> > > the vast majority of phones even the FTDI download fails. And I /think/
> > > the Ratio download cable isn't FTDI based, anyway.
> > >

> > Which serial chip do they use?
> >
> > Plug the dive computer into your phone and run a app like:
> > https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aws.apps.usbDeviceEnumerator
> >
> > And send the info here, and I'll tell you.
> >

> Like Ricardo wrote: FTDI FT230X Basic UART
>
> Device Info
> Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/002
> Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
> Vendor ID:  0403
> Vendor Name (reported):  FTDI
> Vendor Name (from DB):  Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
> Product ID:  6015
> Product Name (reported):  FT230X Basic UART
> Product Name (from DB):  not found

Then its just our filter logic that needs updating.

I'd love to be able to disable that logic for cases like this, and just
show everything and let the user pick what device and communication
method. Like we have the ShowNonDiveComputers , we should have a show
all dive computers, even if they probably don't work.

> > only
> > school)
> > understand
> > code.
> > >
> > > We in theory know how this situation could be improved. But the only
> > > developer who really seems to fully understand what needs to be done
> > > doesn't have the time to work on this, and those who care enough and
> > might
> > > have the time, don't have sufficient understanding how to make the
> > libusb2
> > > integration with the native USB port access implementation on newer
> > > Android work.
> >

> OK, thanks. My phone does react kind of unexpected when I try to change the
> USB mode from client to OTG (switching back stating couldn't switch)
> So a workaround might be using an old android device as a downloader? Or
> wouldn't this work anyways since the ProductID isn't implemented on
> subsurface-mobile?

Sounds like your phone isn't that healthy. OTG is a requirement to be
able to download from a ftdi device.

All the bits are there, just that the Ratio dc's isn't in the list of
known ftdi dive computers.

> Well, on the other hand, downloading the dive shouldn't be so urgent that
> it can't wait until I'm back on a real computer. - Since I'm not into tech
> diving (yet) ;-)

Downloading from a dc and tech diving have no correlation. Downloading
data from your dc and keeping that in your logbook is one thing, tech
diving is another thing.

//Anton - Who thinks "Technical diving" is a really bad name

--
Anton Lundin    +46702-161604