Hi Bryan - and welcome Jordan :-)

> On Nov 23, 2019, at 12:09 PM, Bryan Oliver <oliverwritesc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1) if I were to start a mobile sort of "backlog", where would I put said
> list? If it's totally up to me, it would be easiest to maintain it from the
> same place where I interact with the code, in the Github Projects tab
> (Kubernetes does a similar thing
> https://github.com/orgs/kubernetes/projects/34
> <https://github.com/orgs/kubernetes/projects/34>). I think you will have to
> create the project in github and give me permission to create cards within
> it, or give me permission to do so via org permissions (I believe there is a
> way to make someone admin of Project boards only, and not the actual
> repository settings or org settings).

I have never used GitHub projects. I created one -
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/projects/1
<https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/projects/1>
Is that enough for you to be able to use that? Or is there more I need to set
up?

> 2) Downloaded the desktop app and looked through forums and the links above,
> I see now the statistics tab and how it works, starting to get some ideas

Cool

> 3) I cc'd a friend (jordan), he may be able to give me a little time with the
> ux design

Uhhh - I like it. UX design is an area that I suck in... so anyone with even a
little (or, of course, a lot) of skill in this area is highly welcome!

> 4) I noticed some low hanging fruit I might start with (like alignment on
> screen or using the notch on an iphone, etc), just to get used to the
> release/build process using QT/QML, I'll add them to the project board if you
> want to go that route

Awesome.

The way we build the iOS app is a bit, umm, peculiar. There's a reasonably
accurate readme
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/packaging/ios/README

<https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/packaging/ios/README>
 but if at any point you get stuck, please reach out and I'll be happy to help.

Thank you so much for getting back - and I really hope that this turns into
something you'll enjoy working on!

/D