On 29/04/20 18:17, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface wrote:
The easiest way might be something like this

(a) create a GitHub account if you don't have one
(b) fork the project on GitHub (there's a button to do that when you are logged in and open https://github.com/subsurface/subsurface.github.io
(c) clone that repo to your local system:

(this assumes a Mac or Linux - I'm sure someone else can fill in the steps for Windows)
mkdir -p ~/src
cd ~/src
git clone https://github.com/<your-account-name>/subsurface.github.io <https://github.com/%3Cyour-account-name%3E/subsurface.github.io>
cd subsurface.github.io <http://subsurface.github.io>

you have now checked out the master branch. It's typically a good idea to keep that in sync with upstream and not modify it locally.
git pull origin master
will keep it in sync.

(d) create a local branch when you start making changes
git checkout master
git pull
git checkout -b translate494 # or whatever name you want to give that branch

(e) copy the announcement you want to translate into the language folder, edit the front matter (the meta data between the two lines with dashes at the top "---") - make sure you don't change the 'ref' but do change the 'lang' tag.
(f) add the new file
git add nl/_drafts/xxxxx.MD
git commit -s -a -m "translation of ..."
git push origin translate494

(g) on the GitHub website, create a pull request

Dirk:

With your clear explanations I was able (I hope) to complete the task. I didn't find it hard at all even if it took me a little getting used to... If it makes your life easier, then it's worth it...

Cheers:

Pedro