Hi,

Thank you again for the fix!

On 08/05/2021 23.23, Robert Helling wrote:

I have a new PR that should improve this situation: https://github.com/subsurface/subsurface/pull/3245 but I am not sure this is the perfect fix as right now I cannot oversee if this potentially introduces too many recalculations of the plan.

It's definitely better now, but there is still similar problem, this time it's little bit more complicated to trigger:

- Start planning dive with long deco (OC or CCR with BO, and ~1000l of O2 as deco gas)
- Play with cylinder types and volumes
  - e.g. use AL80 as default, => there is enough deco gas
  - Change to AL40

Now it is possible to notice that dive calculations is not registering cylinder change: this can be seen either by observing used amount of gas as bars (e.g. it's not changing as cylinder volume is changing), and/or based on the fact that cylinder is too small for needed gas, and warning is missing.

After dive plan has been updated - now there are multiple ways to trigger it :), correct amount of gas in bars and warnings are displayed.

So it seems that cylinder field and/or maybe volume is still a field which isn't triggering recalculations.

Similar problems were a mess in the past and there was a hack to deal with them. But recently, Berthold called bluff on this hack and we have to figure out the best way to deal with this.

I did quick look of planner's code, but did not have enough time to truly go through it, I will reply later when I have had better look of code.

Thanks,
Jay