> On Jul 2, 2021, at 3:21 AM, Attilla de Groot via subsurface
> <subsurface@subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I recently moved to a new MacBook, the M1 with ARM CPU. Will there be a
>>> build to support that (or in their “universal Binary”)? Then I can run it
>>> without Rosetta (the x86 emulator).
>>
>> I got my MacMini with M1 CPU last week, but have not had the time, yet, to
>> seriously try to build subsurface on it. Without trying I expect the biggest
>> obstacle will be to have an ARM native Qt library. At this point, Subsurface
>> uses Qt5 and nobody has started a transition to Qt6 yet and it might well be
>> that there will never be an ARM version of Qt5.
>
> Well, for now I’m happy with Rosetta of course. Thanks, I hope Qt6 will be
> migrated in the future.

So it looks like some people have been successful compiling Qt 5.15.2 for M1 -
at least that's how I interpret
https://github.com/crystalidea/macdeployqt-universal
<https://github.com/crystalidea/macdeployqt-universal>
I don't have access to an M1 Mac, so this isn't something I can really usefully
try...

But if anyone wants to give it a go, that would be cool

/D