HI Lubomir,

this is a problem I wasn’t aware of and indeed it’s really a bummer.

> On 31. Oct 2021, at 18:23, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> one question i would have is - what is the motivation for this port
> and what do we gain from it?

My understanding was that from Qt, the announced direction was clear: Abandon
WebKit and move to WebEngine! For example, for a while Qt5 stopped shipping
WebKit at all with its binaries and you had to build it yourself for every new
version. And this seems to be even stronger with Qt6, it was my understanding
that WebKit is dropped for good. I made this new attempt because a) I was tired
of building WebKit myself and even more as a step towards moving to Qt6 (which
seems to be the only hope to have support for Apple Silicone at all in any kind
of near future). But as mentioned in the other thread, it is by far the only
obstacle of moving to Qt6.

For the time being, it shouldn’t be too much of a problem. I just have to
reintroduce a number of #ifdefs to make the choice between WebEngine and WebKit
optional depending on what is available for the system at hand. I just removed
those as I was under the impression that the transition is a clear step
forward. The transition does not add any functionality. I would only argue that
it simplifies the printing logic quite a bit.

Best
Robert