Dirk,

> On 12. Nov 2021, at 20:33, Dirk Hohndel via subsurface
> <subsurface@subsurface-divelog.org> wrote:
>
> Those of you with mail admin experience...
> - do the DKIM headers look right to you?
> - any other measures I should take to protect mailman?

I feel your pain. I am also running mailman on my servers to handle mailing
lists mainly for the kid’s class at school, parents of daycare etc etc and
getting emails through gets harder day by day. Mails going to spam folders is
the mildest thing, but many providers silently drop messages (my server thinks
they are accepted but they never appear for the receiver unless for example the
sender is in the receiver’s address book. I am looking at you gmx.de and
web.de. And yahoo.com is simply broken beyond measure.)

But others don’t do better: My employer’s central mail server, the biggest
university in Germany headcount wise get’s its mails rejected by gmail.com at
random times for obscure reasons. But they at least reject the mail which leads
to an error message. Recently, I put my frustration about this in a blog post:
https://atdotde.blogspot.com/2021/07/email-is-broken-spammers-won.html

I haven’t attempted to set up DKIM. So if you found a good recipe to do that I
would love to hear about it. What did you do to mailman? The interwebs suggest
setting SUBSCRIBE_FORM_SECRET but is seems for me, Debian had already done
that. I disabled the xxx-subsbscribe and xxx-join addresses. What else can I do?

Greetings from quarantine, week 3 day 5.
Robert